Information on the 2023-24 Parish School of Religion (PSR) progam coming late July 2023.
Parish School of Religion is a classroom-centered catechesis program intended to reinforce and expand upon the faith messaging children receive from their parents (i.e. it is NOT a substitue) and to offer children the opportunity to build friendships with their Catholic peers.
FAMILY OF PARISHES UPDATES
As the Familes of Parish implementation begins, the following initiatives will be undertaken:
- Adopt a common curriculm for K-6* Catechesis and sacramental preparation across the tri-parish community.
- Open registration for each parish program to the broader tri-parish community.
- A common registration fee of $40/family across the tri-parish community.
- Note: Families will purchase their own student resource books for each child directly from the publisher.**
*Pre-K uses a separate curriculum and is only offered at St. Henry.
**A limited number of scholarships are available. If you are in need of assistance, please contact Jennifer Zwiers
WHEN AND WHERE DO PSR CLASSES MEET?
The schedule for classes in our tri-parish comunity are shown in the table below. Please click on the link under the Register & Information column for more information on that parish's Classroom Catechesis Program.
Classroom Catechesis (PSR) Schedule
|Parish||Grades||Class Day||Class Time||Location||Family Mass Options||Register & Information|
|OLGH||K-7||Sunday||9:45am-10:45am||BLS West Campus classrooms||8:30am & 11am||CCD|
|St. Henry||PreK-7||Sunday||9:15am-10:30am||BLS East Campus classrooms||8am, 11am||PSR (see below)|
|St. Mary||K-6||Wednesday||5:30-6:45pm||Church undercroft||7 pm||PSR Pillars|
These program runs from September through May. Specific calendars will be located on each parish website.
2022-23 ST. HENRY PSR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
To enroll your child into the St. Henry PSR program:
- Complete the 2022-23 PSR Registration Form.
- Complete the 2022-23 Youth Medical Release Form for EVERY child that will be attending PSR. Please download, complete, and return to the Parish office at: 6696 Springboro Pike, Dayton OH 45449
- Pay online or mail check to the Parish Office. (If paying by check, write check out to St. Henry and on memo line write PSR.)
- Cost: $40/family
- eCatholic online payment option coming soon.
- Print off a copy of the 2022-23 Parish School of Religion Calendar.
- Please make sure to mark your calendars for our family events. Attendance is expected like any other traditional PSR week.
- Order Student Books***NEW* Please read carefully. Some grades will be combined again this year. If we have more volunteer catechists last minute and are able to separate out grades, we will work with the company to exchange books.
- IF YOUR CHILD IS IN PRESCHOOL, please order Discovering God's World Age 4 Student Book at https://www.comcenter.com/.
- IF YOUR CHILD IS IN K-1st OR 3rd-6th GRADE, please order the Christ in Us Parish Edition Student Book at the grade level listed below, by following these steps:
Grades K & 1st will be using the 1st Grade Book; Grades 3 & 4 will be using the 4th Grade Book; Grades 5 & 6 will be using the 5th Grade Book.
- Go to https://religionstore.sadlier.com/
- Click Login/Register in the top right to register for a free Sadlier account (Note: If you created an account in a prior year, log in and skip to step 5.)
- Register to Buy as an Individual and Ship to Home Address.
- After creating your account, add your shipping address.
- To begin shopping, go to https://religionstore.sadlier.com/christ-in-us-parish-edition.
- Select Student Editions for each child and then add them to your cart.
- View your cart to ensure you have the proper grade level book(s) selected and that each indicates Christ in Us Parish, Student Edition.
- Proceed to checkout and enter discount code CIU30-22.
- IF YOUR CHILD IS IN 2nd GRADE, please order the following two books: the Signs of Grace You are Forgiven Student Guide and the You are Loved Student Guide, by following these steps:
- Go to https://catholic.market/
- Click Account/Create Account in the top right to register for a free Catholic Market account. (Note: If you created an account previously, proceed to log in.)
- To begin shopping, type Signs of Grace- You are Forgiven- Student Guide and add to cart.
- For second book, type Signs of Grace- You are Loved- Student Guide and add to cart.
- View your cart to verify you have the two student guides selected and proceed to checkout. There is no discount code available at this time.
- If your child is planning on making their First Reconciliation and First Communion AND is in 3rd grade and above, please contact Jennifer Zwiers before ordering a book.
- IF YOUR CHILD IS IN 7th GRADE, please order 100 Things Every Catholic Teen Should Know.
- Go to https://shop.lifeteen.com/collections/confirmation/products/100-things-every-catholic-teen-should-know and add to cart.
- View your cart and verify you have 100 Things Every Catholic Teen Should Know and proceed to checkout.
IF YOUR CHILD IS RECEIVING A SACRAMENT THIS YEAR
If your child is attending a public school and planning to receive a sacrament this year, they will need to be registered for BOTH Parish School of Religion and their applicable sacramental preparation program (First Communion or Confirmation). You will only need to complete one Medical Release Form for both programs. Please click on the following links to register for the sacraments of First Communion and Confirmation.
Email Jennifer here with questions!